- SKU: 17620497
- Release Date: 02/24/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Before its absorption into the newly-formed 20th Century-Fox corporation in 1935, feisty little Majestic Pictures turned out quite a few impressive "B-plus" productions. One of the best and best-received was the "locked door" murder mystery, Curtain at Eight. Most of the action takes place at a Broadway theater, where a much-hated stage star (Paul Cavanaugh) is bumped off early in the proceedings. Crusty city detective Jim Hanvey (C. Aubrey Smith) and his dimwitted assistant Marty Gallagher (Sam Hardy) try to solve the crime before fast-talking reporter Terry Mooney (Russell Hopton) beats them to the punch. For a while, it looks as though the culprit is a trigger-happy chimpanzee, but a more orthodox suspect is fingered in the final reel. When it was shown on the MGM-controlled Loew's Theater circuit, Curtain at Eight was retitled Backstage Mystery, to avoid confusion with MGM's own Dinner at Eight. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Dorothy Mackaill - Lola Cresmer
- C. Aubrey Smith - Jim Hanvey
- Paul Cavanagh - Wylie Thornton
- Sam Hardy - Marty Gallagher
- Marion Shilling - Anice