- SKU: 20534577
- Release Date: 11/06/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- 3D guide to the dark star ship
- Full-length audio commentary by 'super-fan' Andrew Gilchrist
- Interview with Brian Narelle
- Interview with sci-fi author Alan Dean Foster
- Let there by light: the odyssey of "Dark Star" - the extended version - includes clips from a rare student film directed by Dan O'Bannon. Featuring exclusive interviews with actor Brian Narelle, cnematographer Doug Knapp, art director Tommy Lee Wallace, visual effects artists Greg Jein, voice artist Cookie Knapp, film distributor Jack Harris, Diane O'Bannon, and more! Also includes an archival interview with John Carpenter, as well as the fonal interview of Dan O'Bannon. Produced and directed by Daniel Griffith
- Written intro by Dan O'Bannon
The directorial debut of horrormeister John Carpenter comes in the way of Dark Star a parody of Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece, 2001--A Space Odyssey. The story follows four hippyish techno-nerds in their mission through deep space to destroy planets and ward off boredom and loneliness as they attempt to hold on to what little they can remember of Earth. When their weapons system malfunctions, they are forced to deal with a "smart" bomb trapped in the launching mechanism, and the acting captain must debate phenomenology with the device in order to dissuade it from destroying them all. The film also features an imaginative and amusing struggle between one crew member and an inflatable alien he attempts to keep as a pet, a long reflection on the virtues of surfing, a series of personality struggles, and a cryogenically-frozen captain whose brain is preserved on computer for the purpose of consultation. ~ Jeremy Beday, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Andreijah Pahich - Talby
- Dan O'Bannon - Pinback
- Joe Saunders - Powell
- Miles Watkins - Mission Control