- SKU: 18762409
- Release Date: 10/26/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Let There Be Light: The Odyssey of "Dark Star"
- An all new, feature-length documetnary exploring the controversial making of the John Carpenter (Halloween) and Dan O'Bannon (Alien) student film
- Includes exclusive interviews with Actor Brian Narelle, Cinematographer Doug Knapp, Art Director Tommy Lee Wallace, Visual Effects artist Greg Jein, Voice artist Cookie Knapp, Film Director Jack Harris, Diane O'Bannon, USC Alumi/Director Jeff Burr, as well as Archival Interviews with John Carpenter
- Plus the final Interview with Dan O'Banna, Directed by Danil Griffith 2010
- Interview with Sci-Fi Author Alan Dean Foster
- Interview with Brian Narelle - "Lt. Dootlittle"
- 3D Guide to the Dark Star Ship
- Full-Length Audio Commentary by 'super-fan' Andrew Gilchrist
- Written Intro by Dan O'Bannan
- Both Versions of the Film
- Original Trailer
The directorial debut of horrormeister John Carpenter comes in the way of Dark Star a parody of Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece, 2001--A Space Odyssey. The story follows four hippyish techno-nerds in their mission through deep space to destroy planets and ward off boredom and loneliness as they attempt to hold on to what little they can remember of Earth. When their weapons system malfunctions, they are forced to deal with a "smart" bomb trapped in the launching mechanism, and the acting captain must debate phenomenology with the device in order to dissuade it from destroying them all. The film also features an imaginative and amusing struggle between one crew member and an inflatable alien he attempts to keep as a pet, a long reflection on the virtues of surfing, a series of personality struggles, and a cryogenically-frozen captain whose brain is preserved on computer for the purpose of consultation. ~ Jeremy Beday, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Andreijah Pahich - Talby
- Dan O'Bannon - Pinback
- Joe Saunders - Powell
- Miles Watkins - Mission Control