- SKU: 29549563
- Release Date: 11/10/2015
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- "One Kiss/Lover Come Back to Me" outtake
- Audio-only bonus:
- Classic cartoon Farm of Tomorrow
- Oscar-nominated musical short The Strauss Fantasy
- Outtake songs "Dance My Darling" and "Girlies of the Cabaret"
Deep in My Heart is the MGM-ified biography of composer Sigmund Romberg, here played by José Ferrer. Evidently the scripters didn't feel that the life of Romberg (as set down by author Elliott Arnold, whose book was used as the film's basis) had enough drama to fill out two hours and ten minutes. As a result, the film is overstocked with guest stars, performing such Romberg standards as "One Alone," "Lover Come Back to Me," "When I Grow Too Old to Dream," "Will You Remember," and "Stout-Hearted Men." Among these celebrities are Ann Miller, Vic Damone, Jane Powell, Tony Martin, Cyd Charisse, Rosemary Clooney, and Gene Kelly, the latter performing a dance duet with his seldom-seen brother, Fred. For all the heady competition, it is José Ferrer who renders the most memorable production number: a one-man presentation of the Romberg musical comedy Jazzboat, in which Ferrer assumes all the roles, from star Al Jolson's to the entire female chorus! ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- José Ferrer - Sigmund Romberg
- Helen Traubel - Anna Mueller
- Merle Oberon - Dorothy Donnelly
- Doe Avedon - Lillian Romberg
- Walter Pidgeon - J.J. Shubert