Derek Jarman's the Tempest [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 11024795
- Release Date: 04/10/2000
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Three short films by Derek Jarman: "A Journey to Avebury" (1971), "Garden of Luxor" (1972), and "Art of Mirrors" (1973)
- Text of the original theatrical press kit for "The Tempest"
Filmed in 1979 and released publicly one year later, The Tempest is an abstract 16-millimeter feature film based loosely on the "magical" Shakespeare play. Director/writer Derek Jarman also throws in a few Shakespearean sonnets when the spirit moves him. Essentially, Jarman uses the material as the basis for a homosexual metaphor, most notably in the Prospero/Caliban relationship. He would further elaborate this concept in his next film, The Angelic Conversation. Jarman's The Tempest by its very nature speaks to a small, specialized audience. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Heathcote Williams - Prospero
- Karl Johnson - Ariel
- Jack Birkett - Caliban
- David Meyer - Ferdinand
- Elisabeth Welch - Goddess