- SKU: 27536444
- Release Date: 06/23/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New interview with writer Gregor Dorfmeister, on whose autobiographical novel the film is based
- New interview the filmmaker Volker Schlöndorff about the film's impact on German cinema
- Interview from 1989 with director Bernhard Wicki
- Excerpt form a 2007 documentary by Elisabeth Wicki-Endriss, Wicki's widow, featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot
Bernhard Wicki's directorial debut, this is an excellent little film with little plot and no known names on the roster. In the final days of World War II, German teenagers join the Nazi army in a futile attempt to stop the enemy invasion. A sympathetic officer places the boys as guards of a seemingly unimportant bridge. The seven youths are thrown into battle when American tanks unexpectedly appear and try to cross the bridge. The film has a definite anti-war message. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Fritz Wepper - Mutz
- Michael Hinz - Walter Forst
- Frank Glaubrecht - Jurgen Borchert
- Karl Michael Balzer - Karl Horber
- Volker Lechtenbrink - Klaus Hager