- SKU: 16406051
- Release Date: 03/25/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Historical essay by noted film scholar Angela Dalle Vacche, author of Diva: Defiance and Passion in Early Italian Cinema
- Statement from director Peter Delpeut
- Italian film diva photo gallery
During the silent period, a surprising number of opera stars found themselves starring in movies, especially in Europe, and while the voices that were their fortune could not be heard, their hyper-emotional histrionics often communicated with unusual power on the big screen. Filmmaker Peter Delpeut, who previously examined the mysterious and otherworldly images of early cinema in Lyrical Nitrate, has compiled footage from a dozen operatic silents released between 1913 and 1920 in his feature Diva Dolorosa. Edited for emotional and visual impact rather than narrative clarity, Diva Dolorosa features vintage performances from such singing stars as Lyda Borelli, Pina Meichelli, and Francesca Bertini. The film also boasts an original score by Loek Dikker, which was performed with a live orchestra for the film's world premiere at the 1999 Holland Film Festival. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Lyda Borelli
- Pina Menichelli
- Francesca Bertini