Doctor Who: Survival [2 Discs] (DVD) (Eng)
- Commentary by Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor, Sophie Aldred (Ace) and Andrew Cartmel (script editor)
- Fan commentary by the winners of a recent Doctor Who Magazine Competition (Ep 3 only)
- Cat Flap two-part documentary covering the making of Survival
- Deleted and extended scenes
- Photo gallery
- Isolated score
- Radio Times Listings
- Subtitle production notes
- Endgame documentary delving into why Doctor Who was cancelled at the end of Season 26 and what might have been in store for the Doctor and Ace if the series had continued into Season 27
- Search Out Science schools program featuring the Doctor and Ace, with Stephen Johnson and K9
- Little Girl Lost - retrospective look at the development of Sophie Aldred's character, Ace
- Destiny of the Daleks - Anthony Ainley's last appearance as the Master, in these links from the 1997 computer game
Cast & Crew
David Tennant - The Doctor
Freema Agyeman - Martha Jones
Christopher Eccleston - The Doctor
Billie Piper - Rose Tyler
William Hartnell - The Doctor
Best Buy Customer Reviews
Underated send-off to one of the best Doctors.
Posted by: WhoFan25
from Simpsonville, SC on
01/04/2013I cannot believe how many people say this is a horrible story. This story was the season finale to season 26, the last season of "Doctor Who" until the 2005 revival with Christopher Eccleston. The 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) is one of my favorites and this was a more than excellent send-off to him and Ace, even though it wasn't meant to be [explained in bonus features]. I was riveted by this episode by its fast pace, its great dialogue, and sublime special effects/costumes. It's so underated you wouldn't believe, but the bonus features are more than substantial. They included the 2 part making-of documentary, rarely seen "Search-out Science" game show spoof, and the hour long documentary on why "Doctor Who" was cancelled after over 25 years and what would've happened if the crew was commisioned for a 27th season. The only relativley bad bonus feature is a video game from '97 called "Destriny Of The Doctors", because they took snip-its of the non playing parts of it to form a video that is confusing and displaced. Other than that one feature, it is a great start to any fans collection, no matter where in the series the story premiered.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful?
Product images, including color, may differ from actual product appearance.