- SKU: 19368213
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
D.W. Griffith garnishes this romantic fable with a dreamy gauze of Victorian melodramatic sensibility. As an intertitle of the film states: "Sometimes dreams do come true. Not by accident their dark path emerges into the light, for dreams are our inner selves and perhaps all would come true if we but dream aright." Carol Dempster stars as Gypsy Fair, a music-hall dancer in the Limehouse section of London. She attracts the eye of roughhouse bully Spike McFadden (Ralph Graves). But his shy composer brother Billy (Charles Emmett Mack) is also in love with her. Also gloating over the girl and lurking in the shadows is an insidious Chinaman -- Swan Way (Edward Piel). When Swan Way makes his desires known to Gypsy Fair, she rejects him, inadvertently causing the police to raid his gambling den. Enraged, Swan Way seeks revenge on Gypsy Fair. This he accomplishes by accusing her of killing one of his underlings. In fact, however, it was Billy who killed the henchman in self-defense after a robbery attempt. To protect Billy, Spike tells the police that he committed the crime. At the inquest, the authorities have to sort out who actually killed Swan Way's henchman. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Carol Dempster - Gypsy Fair
- Ralph Graves - James "Spike" McFadden
- W.J. Ferguson - Gypsy's Father
- Charles Emmett Mack - Billy McFadden
- Tyrone Power, Sr. - Street Preacher