- SKU: 13835148
- Release Date: 06/22/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Joe E. Brown was an ideal choice for the character of Alexander Botts, the brash, arrogant "natural born salesman" created for The Saturday Evening Post by William Hazlett Upton. As a representative for the Earthworm Tractor company, Botts tries to convince old-fashioned lumberman Guy Kibbee to buy his newfangled products. Several disastrous slapstick sequences later (including an hilarious setpiece in which Botts unwittingly tows away Kibbee's entire house!), Botts closes the deal, winning the hand of Kibbee's daughter June Travis in the process. Despite the character's unremitting cockiness, Joe E. Brown manages to make Alexander Botts immensely likeable. Earthworm Tractors was the next-to-last film on Joe E. Brown's Warner Bros. contract, and (with rare exceptions like 1938's The Gladiator) his last truly worthwhile vehicle of the thirties. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Joe E. Brown - Alexander Botts
- June Travis - Mabel Johnson
- Guy Kibbee - Sam Johnson
- Dick Foran - Emmet McManus
- Carolyn Hughes - Sally Blair