Equinox [2 Discs] [Criterion Collection] [DVD] 
- SKU: 7820548
- Release Date: 06/20/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Disc One: Equinox and the Equinox...A Journey Into the Supernatural
- New, restored high-definition Digital transfer of the 1970 theatrical release
- For the first time on DVD, the original 1967 version of the film, The Equinox...A Journey Into the Supernatural
- Two audio commentaries: One by writer-director Jack Woods and producer Jack H. Harris, on the 1970 release. And one by effects photographer, producer, and director Dennis Muren; writer-codirector Mark McGee, and matte artist, cel animator, and effects techinican Jim Danforth, on the 1967 version
- Video introduction by Forrest J Ackerman
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Disc Two:
- Interviews with Muren and actors Frank Bonner, Barbara Hewitt, and James Duron
- Deleted scenes and outtakes from the 1967 version
- Archival stop-motion test footage
- The Magic Treasure, a rare animated fairy tale by Equinox effects animator David Allen
- Acclaimed Kong Volkswagen commercial by Allen, including test footage
- Zorgon: The H-Bomb Beast from Hell (1972), a short film featuring Equinox crew
- Extensive gallery featuring rare stills, promotional material, and more
- Trailer and radio spots for the 1970 theatrical release
- A booklet featuring tributes from George Lucas and Ray Harryhausen and a new essay by Brock DeShane
Four teens head into a forest in search of a long-lost scientist (played by science fiction novelist Fritz Leiber). Monitoring the kids' every move is a forest ranger (Jack Woods), who is in reality the ancient demon god Asmodeus. When the kids come across a precious book of incantations, the ranger conjures up an intimidating variety of horrible monsters and nightmarish visions, the better to retrieve the volume. The man responsible for the special effects in Equinox is Dennis Muren, who began the film as a nonprofessional 16-millimeter project in 1967. The picture was completed by director Edward Connell, using the same cast throughout (the actors' ages noticeably fluctuate from scene to scene). Long a Late Late Show staple, Equinox in time garnered a cult following, and later appeared on video under the title The Beast. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Edward Connell - Dave
- Barbara Hewitt - Susan
- Robin Christopher - Vicki
- Jack Woods - Asmodeus
- Jim Phillips - Reporter
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.