- SKU: 21708277
- Release Date: 10/15/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- High-definition digital restoration of Blood of the Beasts, Georges Franju's 1949 documentary about the slaughterhouses of Paris
- Archival interviews with Franju on the horror genre, cinema, and the making of Blood of the Beasts
- New interview with actor Edith Scob
- Excerpts from Les Grand-Pères du Crime, a 1985 documentary about Eyes With a Face writers Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac
- Plus: a booklet featuring essays by novelist Patrick McGrath and film historian David Kalat
French director Georges Franju's Eyes Without a Face (Les Yeux sans Visage) is an unsettling, sometimes poetic horror film. Pierre Brasseur plays a brilliant plastic surgeon, Prof. Genessier, who has vowed to restore the face of his daughter, Christiane (Edith Scob), who was mutilated in an automobile accident. With the help of his assistant (Alida Valli), he kidnaps young women, surgically removes their facial features, and attempts to graft their beauty onto his daughter's hideous countenance. This naturally has an adverse effect on the "donors," some of whom commit suicide rather than go through life faceless. Franju's haunting, muted handling of basic horror material is what lifts Eyes Without a Face out of the ordinary and into the realm of near-classic. When the film failed to draw crowds under its original title, however, the distributors decided to exploit it as a two-bit "scare" flick with the new title The Horror Chamber of Dr. Faustus. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Pierre Brasseur - Prof. Genessier
- Alida Valli - Louise
- Edith Scob - Christiane Genessier
- Francois Guerin - Jacques Vernon
- Juliette Mayniel - Edna Gruber