- SKU: 6447936
- Release Date: 04/27/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary with co-writer/director David Cronenberg
- "Inside the Character Actor's Studio": Interviews with stars William Smith and John Saxon
- "Shooting Cronenberg" interview with director of photography Mark Irwin
- Theatrical trailer
- Poster & still gallery
- Claudia Jennings bio
Amidst such formative shockers as Shivers, Rabid and The Brood, writer/director David Cronenberg dashed off this semi-documentary. Fast Company relates the life story of race car champion Lonnie Johnson. The ubiquitous William Smith, veteran of many a low-budget cycle flick, is quite convincing as Johnson. The film does not shirk in its depiction of the principal character's womanizing, which in itself is surprisingly endearing. Cronenberg also offers an indictment against corporate sponsors who tend to squeeze drivers like Johnson dry of all their salability. And, of course, we're offered plenty of breathtaking racing scenes, some of them real, others skillfully reenacted. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Saxon - Phil Adamson
- Claudia Jennings - Sammy
- Nicholas Campbell - Billy "The Kid" Brocker
- Don Francks - Elder
- Cedric Smith - Gary "The Blacksmith" Black