- SKU: 21336608
- Release Date: 06/18/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
John Wayne is not the title character of Flame of the Barbary Coast: that honor goes to second-billed Ann Dvorak. Wayne plays a Montana cattleman who is lured into a San Francisco gambling joint by dance-hall girl Dvorak. Though Ann at first brings Wayne luck, he ends up losing his shirt to cardshark Joseph Schildkraut. Chastened by the experience, Wayne leaves Frisco with his tail between his legs, returning only after he himself has become a gambling expert. Thanks to his new-found expertise, Wayne is able to rake in enough bucks to open his own saloon, bringing Dvorak along for the ride as star of the floor show. Numerous intrigues ensue, culminating in a drawn-out trial scene. As the judge is about to reach a decision, the San Francisco Earthquake strikes (mostly off-screen, drat the luck). When Dvorak is injured in the disaster, Wayne is forced to realign his values. The Duke and The Dvorak decide to bid adieu to the City by the Bay, heading off to Montana to start life anew. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Wayne - Duke Fergus
- Ann Dvorak - Flaxen Tarry
- Joseph Schildkraut - Tito Morell
- William Frawley - Wolf Wylie
- Virginia Grey - Rita Dane