Flipper/Flippers New Adventure [DVD]
- SKU: 14778056
- Release Date: 01/31/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Widescreen (16x9 1.85:1) versions
- Tom and Jerry cartoon Salt Water Tabby
- Tom and Jerry cartoon Jerry and the Goldfish
- Both theatrical trailers
- Languages: English & Français
- Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature films only)
- Closed Captioned
The surprise hit of the summer of 1963, Flipper is a thoroughly captivating outdoor adventure from the Ivan Tors factory. Sandy Ricks (Luke Halpin), the young son of Florida fisherman Porter Ricks (Chuck Connors), nurses a wounded dolphin back to health. His father would prefer that Sandy allow the dolphin to return to its natural habitat, but Sandy has other ideas. After "Flipper" rescues Sandy from a shark, however, the boy grants the dolphin his freedom. Ideally suited for audiences of all ages, Flipper was fully deserving of its success; within a year, it had spawned a theatrical sequel and a long-running TV series, which, like the film, cast Suzy the Dolphin as the "hero" Flipper. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Flipper's New Adventure
This 1964 sequel to the 1963 box-office hit Flipper is unnecessarily melodramatic at times, but at least it isn't a cookie-cutter imitation of the original. Suzy the Dolphin returns to the "male" role of the superintelligent Flipper, while Luke Halpin reprises the role of Sandy Ricks. This time, Flipper rescues a British family in the Bahamas, who are being held for ransom. Brian Kelly takes over from the first film's Chuck Connors as Ranger Porter Ricks, a role he'd continue to play in the long-running (1964-67) Flipper TV series. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Chuck Connors - Porter Ricks
- Luke Halpin - Sandy Ricks
- Connie Scott - Kim Parker
- Kathleen Maguire - Martha Ricks
- Jane Rose - Hettie White