- SKU: 15049733
- Release Date: 07/11/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered
- Original theatrical trailer for Forbidden Adventure
- Bonus jungle trailers for: The Gorilla Woman, Mau Mau, and The White Gorilla
- "Hot Version" insert for Forbidden Women
- Extra added attraction: Also included on this disc is the shorter British version of Forbidden Adventure which contains an alternate opening, different narration and music, and numerous scenes of uncensored nudity
- Gallery of roadshow jungle exploitation art with audio oddities
A handsome young prince must put duty and honor ahead of love in this bit of jungle exotica with musical numbers. On a remote island nation in the Pacific Ocean, benevolent ruler the Sultan awaits the return of his son, Prince Sigore, who has been sent away to receive an education. When Sigore arrives, he shares his ambitious plans for when he takes power with his father and his closest advisors -- bringing democratic government to the island, allowing working people to share in the island's wealth, and allowing political control to be held by more than a tiny handful of insiders. While the Sultan approves of all this, Prince Bolinow and his scheming wife are outraged at the prospect of losing the easy ride to wealth and power they had long anticipated. Bolinow and his wife plan to poison the Sultan and have Sigore murdered, but one of their associates who is loyal to the Sultan tips off Sigore and helps him escape to a hideaway on another nearby island. While in exile, Sigore falls for the beautiful daughter of one of his hosts, though he's already been engaging in a forbidden dalliance with one of the Golden Women of the Forbidden Temple, a royal harem designed for the pleasure of only the Sultan. In time, word gets back to Sigore of Bolinow's abuse of the people, and he chooses to return and see that justice is served regardless of the danger. Shot in the Philippines in 1948, Forbidden Women was kitted out with new footage and dubbed into English by director Lloyd Friedgen for its American release. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Forbidden Adventure in Angkor
This legendary, phony documentary was actually a remarkable con-job staged by H.W. Warner and Roy Purdon. Purportedly an examination of authentic footage filmed during a 1914 expedition to the ancient Cambodian temple of Angkor Wat, it was actually filmed entirely in the United States, with rear-projection slides doubling for location footage. The usual topless "natives" and men in gorilla suits comprise the local color, and even the explorers are fake, wearing obviously phony beards. As preposterous as it was, this film played for years on the exploitation circuit, using the nudity as its prime "educational" selling-point. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Fernando Poe, Jr.