- SKU: 18582969
- Release Date: 07/20/2010
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Disc one:
- Interview with producer Roger Corman
- Interviews with cast and crew including director Allan Holzman, composer Susan Justin and actor Jesse Vint
- A look at the special effects of Forbidden World with John Carl Buechler, Robert Skotak, Dennis Skotak, Tony Randel and R Christopher Biggs
- Poster and stills gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- New world trailers
- Disc two:
- Audio commentary with director Allan Holzman
Fans of outrageously bad drive-in fare from New World Pictures will find much to love in this bargain-bin science fiction weirdness -- one of several Alien rip-offs foisted on defenseless audiences by Roger Corman's legendary B-movie factory. The plot -- which, of course, is irrelevant to the action -- involves a food-research team on a distant planet, whose latest genetic product decides it would rather eat than be eaten...and boy, is it hungry. Then enters our hero, an undefined government specialist (Jesse Vint) whose dreams in hypersleep find their way into almost every scene in the film -- his apparent powers of precognition, however, are never mentioned. Vint responds to the team's distress signal and shows up with his robot pal to blast the slime-beast to smithereens -- and, of course, to engage in a little intergalactic nookie with the team's female personnel. Meanwhile, the constantly mutating monster chews its way through virtually the entire cast before one cancer-ridden scientist devises a highly original (and extremely disgusting) solution. The ever-thrifty Corman recycled sets and scenes from Battle Beyond the Stars and Galaxy of Terror to pad out this weekend wonder, making up for its threadbare production values (which include plenty of cheap scares, nudity, and graphic gore). ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jesse Vint - Mike Colby
- June Chadwick - Dr. Barbara Glaser
- Dawn Dunlap - Tracy Baxter
- Linden Chiles - Dr. Gordon Hauser
- Fox Harris - Dr. Cal Tinbergen
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.