- SKU: 19637381
- Release Date: 11/11/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Vintage featurette: The Horse With The Human Mind
According to the MGM publicity department, Gallant Bess was based on a true story, as told by Naval Reserve officer Marvin Park. Bess is a beautiful mare owned by young Tex (Marshall Thompson), who runs a stock ranch. When Tex joins the Seabees at the outbreak of WW2, he is forced to leave Bess behind. The mare dies while giving birth, putting Tex in a deep blue funk until he befriends another horse while stationed on a tiny Pacific Island. The horse turns out to be a good-luck charm for Tex and his fellow seabees, prompting a series of rather incredible plot twists. Though Gallant Bess was accepted as gospel by the great majority of filmgoers, ex-navy men laughed and laughed at the film's depiction of "kindly" commanding officers and C.P.O.s. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marshall Thompson - Tex Barton
- George Tobias - Lug
- Clem Bevans - Smitty
- Donald Curtis - Lt. Bridgeman
- Murray Alper - Johnny