Get the most out of your new home theater system. Have Geek squad professionally set up your new video and audio equipment, including a TV, DVD or Blu-ray player, speakers, receiver and more, plus Internet capabilities on up to two smart devices. We'll also program the remotes that come with your equipment and make sure the work space is clean when we finish.
Note: This service does not include concealing cables in wall or mounting TV to wall surface or bracket.
Get more for your money — combine this service with other Geek Squad services ›
WHAT IS INCLUDED
A Geek Squad Installer will:
Approximate time to complete: 1 hour 15 minutes (will vary based on the home and products being set up)
Why should you have Geek Squad do it for you?
- Come to your home
- Conduct pre-installation site survey with a list of everything needed for the installation
- Connect and configure new or existing audio and video components in a single room
- Set up surround sound speaker system (unmounted, with nonconcealed wiring) and verify that all speakers are properly positioned and working
- Add any network-capable devices in the system to an existing wireless network and perform critical software/firmware updates
- Configure up to two smart TV/Blu-ray player apps for media streaming (such as Netflix, Pandora, or Cinema Now®)
- Neatly dress all wires and cables
- Program a non-learning type, manufacturer supplied, remote control
- Connect up to two digital television converter boxes
- Program parental controls upon customer request
- Establish functionality of 3D glasses for TV, if applicable
- Demonstrate how to use the new system and components
- Clean work area and remove packaging
- Haul away and recycle materials when ordered along with Whole Room Setup service
- 1-year limited workmanship warranty
- Friendly, knowledgeable Installers
- Apartment, condo, house or elsewhere — we come to you
This service does not include concealing cables in wall; drilling access holes, hiding speaker wire, or any custom wiring or mounting; and mounting TV to wall surface or bracket. Setup of a new router or network is not included; customer must purchase Home Networking Service. Additional charges for any required add-ons will be quoted by the Installer prior to any work being done. Additional charges may be required for land travel beyond installation coverage areas. Service returns cannot be accepted after installation services are completed. See Terms & Conditions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Important scheduling information:
After completing your order, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail for each service you've purchased. Print a copy of the confirmation e-mail(s) to give to your Installer at the time of service.
To use this service, follow these easy steps:
- To schedule your appointment, call 1-800-GEEK SQUAD (1-800-433-5778) and follow the prompts for Home Theater and Installation..
- Print your Geek Squad confirmation e-mail.
- Be ready when the Installer arrives at your chosen location.
Should you need to change your Whole Room Setup date after you've scheduled your service, call 1-800-GEEK SQUAD (1-800-433-5778) to reschedule your appointment.
WHAT TO HAVE READY
When the Installer arrives, remember to have the following ready:
- The printout of your Geek Squad confirmation e-mail for the Whole Room Setup service you purchased
- All home theater components you'd like set up