Genevieve [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 19485084
- Release Date: 09/06/2011
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- A Profile of Genevieve- An amusing look at the madcap motoring movie - includes Interviews with Dinah Sheridan (Starring Actress), Clive Donner (Film Editor), Christopher Challis (Director of Photography) and Larry Adler (Composer) as well as featuring the veteran cars themselves!
- Photo & Poster Gallery
The plot of the thoroughly captivating British comedy Genevieve can be summed up in a sentence: Two young couples participate in the Vintage Car Rally, a yearly race from London to Brighton. The title "character" is the 1904 Darracq auto owned by John Gregson and Dinah Sheridan. The couple's friendly rivals are Kenneth More and Kay Kendall, the latter graduating to stardom on the basis of this film. At first treating the race as a lark, the two couples become increasingly--and hilariously--competitive as they near the finishing line. Among the film's plethora of small pleasures are Joyce Grenfell as a wry hotel proprietress and Arthur Wontner as an elderly car fancier. Despite the many technical gaffes and continuity errors overlooked by director Henry Cornelius, Genevieve is a uniquely British delight from beginning to end, its charm enhanced by the uncredited harmonica score of American expatriate Larry Adler. The film was a moneymaker in every country that it played, and a multi-award winner in England and abroad. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Gregson - Alan McKim
- Dinah Sheridan - Wendy McKim
- Kay Kendall - Rosalind Peters
- Geoffrey Keen - Policeman
- Harold Siddons - Second Speed Cop