- SKU: 29572127
- Release Date: 12/01/2015
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- On Camera Interviews with Marc Singer, Joe Unger, David Clennon Jonathan Goldsmith, and Director Ted Post
Go Tell the Spartans is set in Vietnam during that period in which American troops were euphemistically termed "advisors". Reluctantly dispensing much of that advice is veteran American major Asa Barker (Burt Lancaster). Though he knows what works and what doesn't on the battlefield, Barker is obliged to carry out the go-nowhere policies of the American military brass. His current objective is a woebegone, barely crucial outpost, which he must defend with a handful of green soldiers and end-of-tether Vietnamese militiamen. True to his predictions, the outpost is overwhelmed by the Vietcong, who have something to fight about and are ruthless in their tactics. Before the relief troops can arrive, virtually everyone is senselessly killed, including Barker. The only survivor is Corporal Stephen Courcey (Craig Wasson), a willing draftee whose initial idealism dies along with his comrades. Wendell Mayes adapted Go Tell the Spartans from the novel Incident at Muc Wa by Daniel Ford. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Burt Lancaster - Maj. Asa Barker
- Craig Wasson - Corporal Courcey
- Marc Singer - Capt. Al Olivetti
- Joe Unger - Lieutenant Hamilton
- Dennis Howard - Cpl. Abraham Lincoln
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.