- SKU: 17425975
- Release Date: 01/27/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Theatrical trailers of both 1939 and 1969 versions
This is a musical remake of the 1939 film. Arthur Chipping (Peter O'Toole) is the staid instructor at a posh school for boys where he dreams of becoming headmaster. He falls in love with Katherine (Petula Clark) and he helps the singing dance-hall girl polish her social skills. The two are married, but Katherine is killed during in an airplane crash on her way to entertain Allied troops. Arthur carries on, dedicating his life to her memory and teaching two generations of students who were lucky enough to have him for a teacher and a friend. Herbert Ross makes his directorial debut in this sentimental musical that never approached the success of the original. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Peter O'Toole - Arthur Chipping
- Petula Clark - Katherine
- Michael Redgrave - The Headmaster
- George Baker - Lord Sutterwick
- Michael Bryant - Max Staefel