- SKU: 20091187
- Release Date: 04/26/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Grand Central Murder was intended as a followup to the MGM "sleeper" Kid Glove Killer, with the earlier film's star, Van Heflin, appearing in a similar role. When bitchy actress Mida King (Patricia Dane) is bumped off in a private train car at Grand Central Station, police inspector Gunther (Sam Levene) gathers together all likely suspects. One of these is wisecracking private eye Rocky Custer (Heflin), who endeavors to uncover the genuine murderer himself before Gunther slaps the cuffs on him. Custer's seemingly casual, off-the-cuff methods of detection prove infuriating to Gunther, but guess who solves the mystery-and a particularly baffling one at that--by fadeout time? The film received a mixed reviews from the New York critics, who enjoyed the mystery angle but found fault with Hollywood's convoluted concept of Grand Central Station's floor plan and its unbelievably close proximity to a fictional Broadway theatre (even so, these critics also applauded the ongoing illusion of trains arriving and leaving throughout the picture). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Van Heflin - "Rocky" Custer
- Patricia Dane - Mida King
- Cecilia Parker - Constance Furness
- Virginia Grey - Sue Custer
- Samuel S. Hinds - Roger Furness