- SKU: 19682119
- Release Date: 10/25/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Sophisticated, silk-hatted silent-film comedian Raymond Griffith had at least one classic in him, and Hands Up was that film. Griffith plays a Southern spy during the Civil War, sent West to retrieve a vital gold shipment. Along the way, he meets boisterous Mack Swain (who was nearly booted from the film because the vainglorious Griffith felt he was "too goddamned funny") and falls in love with both of Swain's pretty daughters (Marian Nixon, Virginia Lee Corbin). After the Civil War angle has been eliminated from the proceedings, Griffith must rescue Swain and his daughters from a band of Indians. This, however, does not solve the basic dilemma: how can Griffith marry two women, both of whom he loves with equal fervor? The answer (curiously missing from many available prints of this film) is to head to Salt Lake City, the polygamy capitol of America. Though Griffith never displays an emotion nor outwardly elicits audience sympathy throughout Hands Up, we're pulling for him all the way, eagerly anticipating his every move. Best bit: Griffith, facing a firing squad comprised of the best skeet-shooters in the region, blithely throws a plate into the air--whereupon the squad instinctively takes aim at the plate, allowing Our Hero to escape! ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Raymond Griffith - Confederate Spy
- Marian Nixon - The Girl He Loves
- Virginia Lee Corbin - Alice Woodstock
- Mack Swain - Silas Woodstock
- Montagu Love - Capt. Logan