- SKU: 16241247
- Release Date: 01/08/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
One of the few all-black productions of the 1940s to garner attention in the "white" trade press, Beware is a vehicle for bandleader Louis Jordan, here cast as a college alumnus named Lucius Brokenshire Jordan. Thanks to the economic duplicity of its benefactor's grandson, Jordan's alma mater runs out of money. When he learns about the college's plight, our hero not only stages an impromptu fund-raising show, but also settles the hash of the crooked grandson. In its own modest way, the film pokes fun at the snobbery of college faculty members who look down their noses at graduates who enter show business rather than pursue more "worthwhile" careers. Costarring with Louis Jordan are Frank Wilson and Valerie Black, both cast members of Broadway's Anna Lucasta. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Jivin' in Be-Bop
This film offers rare footage of Dizzy Gillespie and the Orchestra performing live on-stage. Widely credited with the invention of the form of jazz known as bop, Gillespie's showmanship and infectious personality played a large role in the acceptance of the music. The footage here includes performance by other musicians, notably Charlie Parker. Fans of bebop will certainly find this tape of value. ~ Rob Ferrier, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Valerie Black - Miss Anabelle Brown
- Louis Jordan - Lucius Brokenshire Jordan
- Emory Richardson - Dean Hargraves
- Frank Wilson - Professor Drury
- Milton Woods - Benjamin Ware III