Harmon of Michigan [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 19943014
- Release Date: 12/06/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Harmon of Michigan was the first in a trio of Columbia sports films, each starring a real-life athlete. In this case, the title character is All-American halfback Tom Harmon, who when introduced in the film is on the verge of graduating from Michigan and turning professional. Shortly thereafter, he becomes a college football coach, surprisingly resorting to illegal (or at least unethical) tactics to drive his team to victory. Even more surprising is that he is never called on the carpet for these tactics, which seem to have been given the tacit approval of the film's producers. Harmon's former teammate Forest Evashevski and Los Angeles Times sports columnist Bill Henry also appear as themselves. Though Anita Louise is cast as Tom Harmon's wife, the real-life Mrs. H. would ultimately turn out to be actress Elyse Knox (their children included 1980s screen star Mark Harmon and future "Mrs. Ricky Nelson" Kris Harmon). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Tom Harmon - Himself
- Anita Louise - Peggy Adams
- Oscar O'Shea - "Pop" Branch
- Warren Ashe - Bill Dorgan
- Ken Christy - Joe Scudder