- SKU: 17620567
- Release Date: 02/24/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Filmed on a budget of about 78 cents, High Hat was a foredoomed attempt to turn radio singer Frank Luther into a movie star. Luther struggles manfully in the role of Suwanee Collier, the boyfriend and mentor of aspiring vocalist Elanda Lee (Dorothy Dare). A classical singer, Elanda refuses to lower herself to perform "swing" music until Collier shows her the way. Such reliable character actors as Franklin Pangborn, Gavin Gordon, Robert Warwick, Esther Muir and Clarence Muse go a long way to relieve the overall tedium. High Hat was distributed on a states-rights basis by Imperial Films, a fly-by-night firm best known for the Bela Lugosi epic Murder by Television. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Dorothy Dare - Elanda Lee
- Lona Andre - Carmel Prevost
- Franklin Pangborn - Mr. Breton
- Gavin Gordon - Gregory Dupont Jr.
- Esther Muir - Dixie Durkin