- SKU: 15049813
- Release Date: 07/11/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered
- Original theatrical trailer for Hollywood After Dark
- Bonus Tinseltown trailers for: Calling Homicide, Female Jungle, Hollywood Burlesque, Scandal Incorporated, Starlet, A Sweet Sickness, and A Virgin in Hollywood
- Hollywood glamour girls learn how to be perfect pinups in vintage short #1: Model School
- A Hollywood hopeful offers some cheesecake in vintage short #2: The Screen Test of Dorothy Van Nuys
- A Hollywood starlet shows us her film collection in vintage peepland short #3: Reel Facts
- Diane de Layne, Dimples Morgan, and other Hollywood strippers strut their stuff in burlesque short #4: Hollywood Peep Show
- Special Rotten Apple gallery of promotional publicity stills
Two outcasts find one another as their lives go into a tailspin in this moody grade-B drama. Tony (Sebastian Gregory, aka Anthony Vorno) is a Navy veteran who was a top man in underwater demolition during his time in the service; now he's trying to put his life back together after a messy divorce and he runs a junkyard that's seen better days. Gangster Nick (Paul Bruce) gets wind of Tony's experiences in the Navy and offers him 10,000 dollars to put his skills to work as part of an armored-car robbery. Tony grudgingly agrees, and arrives at a grimy strip club to seal the deal with Nick. There, Tony meets Sandy (Rue McClanahan), a would-be actress working at the club as a dancer who has been taking heat from the management for her reluctance to bare all on-stage. Tony and Sandy soon fall in love, but good luck doesn't follow them; Sandy falls for the empty casting-couch promises of a shifty screenwriter, and the carefully planned robbery fails to go like clockwork. An early credit for Golden Girls star Rue McClanahan, Hollywood After Dark was also screened under the titles Walk the Angry Beach and The Unholy Choice; it was filmed in 1965, but wasn't released until 1968, with some brief nude inserts added so the film could be sold as a sexploitation item. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Five Minutes to Love
Harry (Paul Leder) is a junkyard owner who runs a profitable car theft operation on the side. His two flunkies do the dirty work in exchange for the marijuana Harry provides for them, as well as regular romps in the sheets with the Pooch (Rue McClanahan), an addled prostitute who lives in a shack behind the main office. A young couple traveling with their baby has car trouble nearby, so Ben (Will Gregory) goes to the junkyard for a new starter. Harry is evasive with Ben, talking in circles to the frustrated motorist, until finally suggesting that he wait in the shack with the Pooch while he checks the yard for the proper part. Harry has plans for Ben, however, turning him over to a pair of crooked cops when they demand a scapegoat for all the stolen cars in the area. While they try to beat a confession out of him, his wife Edna (Gail Gordon) is chased through the junkyard by Harry's stoned henchman Blowhard (King Moody), who tries to rape her on a pile of tires. By the end, most of the cast is eager for revenge against the manipulative, arrogant Harry, who believes his power, money, and brains entitle him to belittle and abuse everyone in his path. This unique exploitation feature was also released as Five Minutes to Love. ~ Fred Beldin, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Rue McClanahan - Sandy
- Paul Bruce - Nick
- Lea Marmer - Mrs. McVea