Homicide [Criterion Collection] [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 17968674
- Release Date: 09/08/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary featuring writer-director David Mamet and actor William H. Macy
- New video program featuring interviews with recurring Mamet actors Steven Goldstein, Ricky Jay, J.J. Johnston, Joe Mantegna and jack wallace
- Gag reel
- TV spots
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Stuart Klawans
The third film written and directed by playwright David Mamet, this combination of crime drama and character study stars several of Mamet's stock players. Joe Mantegna stars as Bobby Gold, a detective with a gift for negotiation who, along with his partner Tim Sullivan (William H. Macy), accidentally stumbles upon a crime scene -- the murder of an elderly Jewish woman in her corner store. When it turns out that the victim was politically well-connected and Jewish, Bobby's superiors assign him the case because he's also Jewish. The problem is that Bobby isn't very religious and he resents being taken off a higher profile drug investigation involving a dealer, Randolph (Ving Rhames). Bobby's also highly skeptical when the murdered woman's family claims that her death was not a simple robbery but an anti-Semitic hate crime. As he gets deeper into his case, however, Bobby discovers that a larger conspiracy may be afoot, and he begins to question his own ethnic roots. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Joe Mantegna - Bobby Gold
- William H. Macy - Tim Sullivan
- Ving Rhames - Randolph
- Rebecca Pidgeon - Miss Klein
- Vincent Guastaferro - Lieutenant Senna