- SKU: 26420218
- Release Date: 03/31/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Two audio commentaries: one with filmmakers Steve James, Frederick Marx, and Peter Gilbert, and one with the film's subjects, Arthur Agee and William Gates
- Life after "Hoop Dreams", a new documentary that catches up with Agee, Gates, and their families
- Additional scenes
- Collection of excerpts from Siskel & Ebert trackingthe acclaim for Hoop Dreams
- Orginal 1994 music video for the film's theme song
- Plus: Essays by author John Edgar Wideman and filmmaker and critic Robert Greene
This documentary about the aspirations of high-school basketball players from inner city Chicago won awards from the Sundance film festival, the New York Film Critics Circle, and the Academy Award (Oscar) for best editing. Two young men are followed during their entire high-school career, beginning with their participation in playground games and ending with their being recruited by colleges. The obstacles these young men face include parental drug addiction, family poverty, and inner-city violence, as well as the usual obstacles that arise in competition, including physical injuries. While each aspires to leave the ghetto, there are many reasons to suppose they may not be able to, despite each beating the odds against them by winning college scholarships. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Emma Gates - Herself (William's mother)
- Sheila Agee - Herself (Arthur's mother)
- Earl Smith - Himself (Talent scout)
- Gene Pingatore - Himself (Coach)
- Isiah Thomas - Himself (Professional basketball player)