- SKU: 8438229
- Release Date: 08/21/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by director of photography Juan Ruiz Anchía
- Audio commentary by director David Mamet and consultant and actor Ricky Jay
- New video interviews with actors Lindsay Crouse and Joe Mantegna
- David Mamet on "House of Games"
- Storyboard detail
- Theatrical trailer
- Plus: an essay by critic Kent Jones and excerpts from Mamet's introduction to the published screenplay
In his directorial debut, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet creates a stylish cinematic puzzle of games within games, as con men are joined by a psychologist in creating the perfect caper. Dr. Margaret Ford (Lindsay Crouse), the writer of psychological self-help books, meets Mike (Joe Mantegna) as she attempts to help a patient who owes heavy gambling debts. When she herself is the victim of a con, she becomes intrigued by the psychological drama of the con game and joins in a complicated scam involving a suitcase of cash. Mamet directs his extremely complicated plot with skill and complete control until it is impossible to tell who is the con and who is the victim. The suspense builds to an amazing surprise ending which is both reasonable and believable but completely unpredictable. Crouse and Mantegna are outstanding as are all the supporting performances. Mamet and his cinematographer Juan Ruiz-Anchia create a visually stunning, compelling film that does justice to Mamet's superbly written screenplay ~ Linda Rasmussen, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Lindsay Crouse - Dr. Margaret Ford
- Joe Mantegna - Mike
- Mike Nussbaum - Joey
- Lilia Skala - Dr. Littauer
- J.T. Walsh - Businessman
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.