How Green Was My Valley [DVD] [Eng/Fre/Spa] 
- SKU: 4860582
- Release Date: 01/14/2003
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary by Anna Lee Nathan and film historian Joseph McBride
- AMC Backstory episode: "How Green Was My Valley"
- Still gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Full frame format (aspect ratio 1.33:1)
- Audio: English Stereo, English Mono, French Mono, Spanish Mono
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Closed Captioned
Spanning 50 years, director John Ford's How Green Was My Valley revolves around the life of the Morgans, a Welsh mining family, as told through the eyes of its youngest child Huw (Roddy McDowall). Over the years, the family struggles to survive through unionization, strikes, and child abuse. As they do so, their hometown and its culture begins to slowly decline. Donald Crisp portrays Gwilym, the patriarch of the Morgan household, who dreams of a better life for young Huw. Based on the novel of the same name by Richard Llewellyn, How Green Was My Valley won five Academy Awards in 1941, including Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (Crisp), Best Art Director, Best Cinematography, and Best Picture (beating Citizen Kane). The book was later adapted into a 1975 BBC miniseries. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Walter Pidgeon - Mr. Gruffydd
- Maureen O'Hara - Angharad Morgan
- Donald Crisp - Mr. Morgan
- Roddy McDowall - Huw Morgan
- Barry Fitzgerald - Cyfartha
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.