- SKU: 21749952
- Release Date: 10/08/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Brand New transfer from film negative
- Interview with writer Alain Petit
- Introduction by critic Stephen Thrower
- Extensive production notes
- Mondo Macabro previews
This dark erotic horror story features Marie-France Broquet (under the pseudonym "Alice Arno") as Martine Bressac, recently released after a year in the local asylum. Returning home, Martine picks up where she left off, completing a waxwork-like gallery of female corpses in a secret room. Martine is aided in her crimes by her husband Charles (Robert Woods), chauffeur Mathias (Howard Vernon), and the requisite staff made up of a hunchbacked gardener (Alfred Baillou) and a mute maid (Lina Romay). The plot concerns Martine and Charles' efforts to add to their macabre collection with Cecile (Tania Busselier), the daughter of a high-ranking ambassador. This film is the third of five adaptations of the Marquis de Sade's Philosophy in the Boudoir directed by cult filmmaker Jesus Franco, and while it is not the most explicit, it is certainly both atmospheric and erotic. Franco returned to the story with 1978's Cocktail Special. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alice Arno
- Robert Woods
- Howard Vernon
- Tania Busselier