- SKU: 13438791
- Release Date: 07/22/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- An interview with Alan Bates
- An interview with playwright David Storey
- "David Storey and In Celebration," an essay by Michael Feingold, Chief Theatre Critic, The Village Voice
- The AFT cinebill for In Celebration
- Stills gallery
- The American Film Theatre scrapbook
- Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
One of the more cinematic entries in the mid-1970s American Film Theatre series, In Celebration is adapted from the play by David Storey. Lindsay Anderson, who directed the original stage version, reassembles his cast for this filmization. Alan Bates, James Bolam and Brian Cox play Andrew, Colin and Steven, the well-educated sons of roughhewn coal miner "Mr. Shaw" (Bill Owen) and his wife (Constance Chapman). On the occasion of their parents' wedding anniversary, the three sons return to their dank little home village. All three boys have become successful, but only Bolam is comfortable with his success. To his parents' dismay, Andrew announces that he has given up his law practice to become an artist; he also confesses to harboring homosexual inclinations. Prompted by the embittered Andrew, the other sons churn up memories of their childhood that they--and their parents--had hoped to keep buried. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alan Bates - Andrew Shaw
- James Bolam - Colin Shaw
- Brian Cox - Steven Shaw
- Constance Chapman - Mrs. Shaw
- Gabrielle Daye - Mrs. Burnett