- SKU: 9670934
- Release Date: 04/28/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New Audio Commentary featuring the film critic Tony Rayns
- New Interview with Actor Tatsuya Fuji
- A 1976 Interview with Director Nagisa Oshima and Actors Fuji and Eiko Matsuda, and a 2003 program featuring interviews with consulting producer Hayao Shibata, Line Producer Koji Wakamatsu, Assistant Director Yoichi Sai, and Film Distributor Yoko Asakura
- Deleted footage and U.S. Trailer
- Plus, a booklet featuring an essay by Japanese film scholar Donald Richie and a reprinted interview with Oshima
Based upon a true incident in 1930s Japan, Nagisa Oshima's controversial film effectively skirts the borderline between pornography and art -- making Bernardo Bertolucci's Last Tango in Paris of four years earlier look like children's programming in comparison. The story concerns servant and former prostitute Sada Abe (Eiko Matsuda) who becomes sexually obsessed with her employer Kizicho (Tatsuya Fuji), a businessman, after seeing him making love to his wife. After making love to Sada, Kizicho becomes obsessed with her as well. As their love-making becomes more and more intense, they find themselves unable to separate themselves from each other, until every waking hour is spent in more and more dangerous sexual acts with Sada becoming more and more of the aggressor. Finally, for the ultimate in eroticism, Kizicho agrees to be strangled during sexual ecstasy for the ultimate in orgasmic fulfillment. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Eiko Matsuda - Sada
- Tatsuya Fuji - Kichi-zo
- Aoi Nakajima - Toku
- Yasuko Matsui - Manageress of Inn
- Akiko Koyama - Geisha