Into Great Silence [DVD] [French] 
- SKU: 15628518
- Release Date: 10/23/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Breathtaking 16:9 anamorphic transfer, created from hi-def elements
- U.S. theatrical trailer
- Optional English subtitles
- Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack
- One hour of additional scenes, including a piece of the Carthusian's world-famous Chartreuse liqueur
- Night Office: a 53-minute video excerpt of the monks' nightly ritual of psalms, laudes and matins
- The Carthusians: an extensive guide to the history, rules, architecture and paintings of the monasteries worldwide
- Stunning audio and photo galleries of the Grande Chartreuse
- Video statement by Cardinal Poupard, President of the Pontifical Council for Culture at the Vatican
- Making-of dossier, with the shooting diary, behind-the-scenes footage and handwritten notes from the monks
In this contemplative documentary from filmmaker Philip Gröning, the Grande Chartreuse monastery opens its doors to the public for the first time since being founded by St. Bruno in 1084 to offer an intimate look at a lifestyle rarely experienced by those outside of the brotherhood. Located in the remote regions of the French Alps, near the Dauphiné Alps, the Grande Chartreuse is the top monastery of the Carthusian order. In this documentary, the lives of the pious monks of Grande Chartreuse are captured on film as director Groening adapts to their ascetic lifestyle for six months and captures their daily life without the intrusion of voice-over, musical score, interviews, or archival footage. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi