- SKU: 22084254
- Release Date: 12/03/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New 4K digital film restoration, with uncompressd monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Archival interview with director Elio Petri, conducted by critic and filmmaker Alexandre Astruc
- Elio Petri: Notes About a Filmmaker (2005), a ninety-minute documentary on the director's career, featuring interviews with friends, collaborators, and filmmakers
- New interview with film scholar Camilla Zamboni
- Investigation of a Citizen Named Volonté (2008), a sixty-minute documentary about actor Gian Maria Volonté
- Music in His Blood, an interview with conductor Ennio Morricone from 2010, conducted by film critic Fabio Ferzetti
- New English subtitle translation
- One Blu-ray and two DVDs, with all content available in both formats
- PLUS: a booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Evan Calder Williams and excerpts from a 2001 book by screenwriter Ugo Pirro
Better known as Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, this Oscar-winning political drama stars Gian Maria Volonte as the citizen of the title, an unnamed police inspector. The story finds the inspector calmly cutting his mistress' throat, then planting evidence that will clear him of accusation -- and attempting to evade arrest by virtue of his "clean" public image. Elio Petri's own anti-establishment stance was never more pronounced than in this film, where the truth is whatever the ruling class chooses to acknowledge. The original Italian title of Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion was Indagine su un Cittadino al di Sopra di Ogna Sospetto. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Florinda Bolkan - Augusta
- Salvo Randone - Plumber
- Gianni Santuccio - Police Commissioner
- Arturo Dominici - Mangani
- Orazio Orlando - Biglia