Japan's War in Colour [DVD] 
- SKU: 7481307
- Release Date: 09/13/2005
- The last bomb-a 35 minute U.S. government film, which includes reconstruction and original colour footage.
- Exclusive colour footage showing the battle for Iwo Jima, the devastation caused to Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the dropping of atomic bombs, and scenes from post-war Japan.
- Restoring film- a segment illustrating the complex process to restore film to its original quality.
- The Power of Sound - a piece on composer Chris Elliott with extras revealing the importance of sound and a sample of five original Chris Elliott tracks.
- Interactive maps.
- The diary of a Japanese soldier
- A photo gallery
Using rare and, in some cases, never before seen color footage, this documentary examines World War II from the perspective of the Japanese. The film also utilizes original letters and diary entries written by Japanese soldiers and civilians during the war. Japan's War in Color looks to present both the innocent and the guilty parties involved in what was culturally touted as a Holy War, and examine the effect it had on all of their lives. ~ Cammila Collar, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Brian Cox - Narrator