- SKU: 24910341
- Release Date: 06/17/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Interview from 2007 with cowriter Jacques Champreux
- Interview from 2012 with actor Francine Bergé
- Franju le visionnaire, a fifty-minute program form 1998 on director Georges Franju's career
- Two short films by Franju: Hôtel Des Invalides (1951), about the Paris military complex, and Le Grand Méliès (1952), about director Georges Méliès
The characters and plot convolutions of the classic silent French serial Judex are thrust into a 1960s framework in this Georges Franju concoction. Channing Pollock plays a mysterious masked avenger who kidnaps evil-banker Michel Vitold, then sets about to turn the banker's friends and loved ones against him. At first appearing to be as wicked as his captive, Pollock is actually motivated by familial love: his father had been driven to suicide by Vitold. Pollock is successful in destroying his enemy, adding spice to the program by wedding Vitold's daughter Edith Scob. In keeping with the spirit of the original serial, Pollock pops in and out of the plotline decked out in impenetrable disguises. As with his earlier horror film Eyes without a Face (1960), director Franju invests his two-dimensional material in Judex with three-dimensional characters. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Channing Pollock - Judex, alias Vallières
- Francine Bergé - Diana Monti, alias Marie Verdier
- Edith Scob - Jacqueline
- Michel Vitold - Favraux
- Jacques Jouanneau - Cocantin