Music doesn't get any better than this
Posted by: Karmalot from: on
Karma, by one of the pioneers of symphonic metal, Florida-based band Kamelot (sort of a male-led version of Nightwish that was bringing this genre to life before Nightwish's music drifted down the symphonic path), is not just one of the best albums of its genre, but perhaps the best album by this exceptional group to date--and given the quality of later albums such as 2005's The Black Halo, that is saying a lot. Like all Kamelot albums, this one features a mesmerizing array of tracks from fast to slow and in between, all featuring an orchestral score amidst guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards brought to life by masters of those instruments. And, of course, lead singer Khan's wondrous voice graces all the tracks with his tremendous range. The energy, emotion, musicianship, and songwriting on this album is nothing short of phenomenal. It is a must-have for all lovers of symphonic metal.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Posted by: Century13 from: Fargo, North Dakota on
So i'm a big fan of Kamelot and love their music! Since the album is amazing i'm going to break it down for you!
1. Regalis Apertura - Instrumental nothing spectacular here
2. Forever - amazing chorus, very soulful easily best song on the album. Awesome opener for the albums
3. Wings Of Despair - Generic but still good
4. The Spell - one of the songs you won't appreciate much after the first listen, it'll grow on you tho
5. Don't You Cry - a ballad and thanks to the vocals isn't boring
6. Karma - good song not too memorable tho
7. The Light I Shine On You - good song not memorable tho
8. Temples Of Gold - good song not memorable tho
9. Across the Highlands - good track, bouncy and exciting
10, 11, 12. - the Elizabeth trilogy nothing to great here, first song is more atmospheric, second song more ballad like, third song great power metal only four minutes long tho after that it's all silence.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
Product images, including color, may differ from actual product appearance.