- SKU: 18951508
- Release Date: 03/23/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
For his first independent production, former child star Roddy McDowall selected the tried-and-true Robert Louis Stevenson classic Kidnapped. McDowall reserves the plum role of David Balfour for himself, while Dan O'Herlihy, McDowall's costar in Orson Welles' MacBeth, is cast as Scottish patriot Alan Breck. The story is the familiar one about a young man (McDowall) cheated out of his birthright by his wicked, covetous uncle (Houseley Stevenson). Kidnapped and sold into slavery, Balfour escapes and makes his way back to Scotland, where he befriends the swashbuckling Breck and the lovely Aileen (Sue England). Several exciting adventures later, Balfour returns to his ancestral home to settle accounts with his uncle. Laid low by threadbare production values, Kidnapped is one of lesser screen adaptations of Robert Louis Stevenson's novel, though at least it's more faithful to the source than the 1938 20th Century-Fox version. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Roddy McDowall - David Balfour
- Sue England - Aileen Fairlie
- Dan O'Herlihy - Alan Breck
- Roland Winters - Capt. Hoseason
- Jeff Corey - Shuan