KitchenAid French Door Refrigerator: Adjustable shelves and door bins and humidity-controlled drawers make it easy to organize food storage in your kitchen. The ExtendFresh temperature management system enables precise control to keep perishable products fresh.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Note the details!
Posted by: MiesvanderRohe from: on
I replaced a 24-year-old Amana side-by-side refrigerator with this model. I was constrained by counter-depth requirements, and could not find a side-by-side that did NOT have door dispensers (which, according to our food needs, take up too much room in the freezer). I purchased a small freezer for the garage, to make up for the lost space.
Here are the pros:
1. Bright interior lighting.
2. Cute built-in plastic scoop for removing ice cubes.
3. Digital temperature display and water filter canister are unobtrusive and don't take up a lot of space.
4. Outstanding special delivery/installer ("George") assisted with cutting cabinetry that was built around the old, shorter model being replaced.
Here are the cons:
1. Freezer space is 2.5 cubic feet smaller than my earlier model (a common problem with French Door styles), even though this model is 4" taller than my previous one.
2. Refrigerator shelves have a 2 1/8" OPEN GAP between each glass shelf and the rear wall of the fridge. Shelves have a 1 1/8" open gap between the glass shelf and the side walls of the fridge. Therefore, all items with diameters smaller than this (jam jars, soda and juice cans, juice packs, glass beer bottles, glass wine bottles -- e.g., dessert wines, condiments, narrow maple syrup bottles, etc.) will go crashing down the back -- or sides -- of the refrigerator. TERRIBLE DESIGN.
3. Appliance is somewhat noisy. When ice is being refilled, for example, you'll hear lots of initial popping/cracking/dropping sounds.
4. Left door of refrigerator has a unique interior folding hinge that seals its closure. But if you don't push this door hard enough, it will not completely close.
5. The Open-Door Alarm does not go off until after FIVE MINUTES (see #4, above). This time-delay is unadjustable. One could easily leave the house within FIVE minutes. TERRIBLE DESIGN.
6. No butter dispenser/bin/shelf.
7. Vegetable and fruit drawers are not "full-extension." In other words, you cannot open them all the way, making it difficult to remove heads of lettuce and other greens. The bins themselves are much smaller than usual, owing to their placement where the refrigerator's door shelves are the deepest. TERRIBLE DESIGN.
8. Considered a somewhat 'high-end' model, I am disappointed that so many features are so poorly designed. But my need for a counter-depth, without spending $8,000-10,000.00 for a "built-in" model, as well as immediately needing refrigeration during a hot summer season, necessitated this purchase.
To Kitchenaid [Whirlpool]: YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!
27 out of 31 found this review helpful.
Best built in look in counter depth fridges
Posted by: Elwood9 from: on
If you need to get a counter depth refrigerator for space reasons and want a built in look, then this is your best bet. It is very clean looking with true zero clearance hinges and a door that is much thinner compared to other fridges of this type. 3 features are greatly improved over the previous KitchenAid version. 1) an extra 3 inches taller. 2) the flat door 3) the nicer freezer drawer with magnetic attachment of the ice container.
3 out of 4 found this review helpful.
Posted by: JoeyJojo from: on
Looks great and functions well. I love the interior water dispenser. Freezer is surprisingly spacious.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Temp hard to control
Posted by: dsilver66 from: on
Overall fridge is great easy to use. Only problem we are having is the temp controls and keeping the freezer from getting either too cold or too warm
2 out of 3 found this review helpful.
looks great but...
Posted by: brand from: on
looks great but the inner french door flap top attachment broke on the 3rd day!
Getting the ref replaced and will find out if this was a freak occurrence or if they are all have the same problem.
3 out of 7 found this review helpful.
love, love, love it!
Posted by: tgally from: on
I did months of research on many refrigerators before purchasing. This one is so well laid out, lovely deep dark black (did not want the stainless steel black bc it is not a true black.),love the water inside the fridge, to keep the door looking flat and clean. prefer no ice maker bc they are so noisy! am super satisfied.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Panel ready and no handles
Posted by: Gary from: on
I purchased this panel-ready refrigerator for our new home, currently under construction. We are having custom wood panels made for the refrigerator to match the kitchen cabinets.
This refrigerator is sold without handles. Yes, really...no handles..
Finding appropriate handles is like searching for hens teeth; i.e. there are none commonly available.
After extensive sleuthing, I found handles, handle mounts, and mounting screws (all of which are required) available from Whirlpool (KitchenAid). I ordered the parts about 3 weeks ago. All are on back order with no anticipated delivery date.
This is not good .
26 out of 59 found this review helpful.
Posted by: JG924 from: on
Extremely happy with my purchase. Its everything I anticipated.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
Great option for someone replacing an appliance
Posted by: ChiChi from: on
Even though the refrigerator was an open box sale I was able to have a carpenter "build" new panels for my new refrigerator from an old built in unit. This option gave my the convenience of having the new fridge seem as though it was originally designed to be there.
Sorry I don't have a photo as I'm now looking for appliance/cabinet hardware to match all.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
good refrigerator space; adequate freezer
Posted by: findingtherrightrefrig from: on
Takes time to get used to the door closing mechanism -- have to close left door with enough force that it will engage.