- SKU: 17930553
- Release Date: 12/15/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Welcome to the fungal jungle:
- A video short by mushroom hunter Larry Evans
- Gary Lincoff lecture from the Telluride Mushroom Festival
- Deleted scenes
- Theatrical trailer
- Mushroom clubs in North America:
- An interactive listing of mycological groups
- Fun with fungi trivia game
- Closed Captioned
Award-winning filmmaker Ron Mann (Grass, Comic Book Confidential) investigates the miraculous world of fungi with this documentary shot largely at the Telluride Mushroom Festival in Colorado. It was during a conversation with his friend Jim Jarmusch that Mann first learned of the bizarre sub-culture surrounding the mushroom, and once his interest was peaked there was no turning back. Some of the oldest and largest living organisms on the planet are fungi, but where did mushrooms come from, and could they hold secrets that we've yet to discover? Recently, a new breed of maverick scientists have made the claim that mushrooms possess the power to cleanse sites corroded by toxins, and that they could be used as a "clean" pesticide among other things. By traveling to the Telluride Mushroom Festival and speaking with festival president Gary Lincoff, as well as numerous other mycophiles (mushroom aficionados) who frequent the event, Mann reveals why the popular fungus has emerged to become one of our greatest mysteries. A neo-psychedelic soundtrack by The Flaming Lips and campy clips from such features as Attack of the Mushroom People keeps the mood whimsical as Mann explores every wonderful facet of the mushroom kingdom. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi