- SKU: 28682423
- Release Date: 08/18/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- The Farcical Movie: Marco Ferreri-a television episode dedicated to the director in which he places his cinema within the context of Luis Buñuel and Tex Avery
- Behind-the-scenes: footage from the making of the film and interviews with stars Mastroianni, Piccoli, Tognazzi, Noiret and Ferreri
- Colours Around a Festival: an archive interview featuring Ferreri, Piccoli, Noiret, Tognazzi, and composer Phillippe Sarde
- Forming Ferreri: a new video essay by Italian film scholar Pasquale Iannone that looks at the director's career prior to La Grande Bouffe
- Select scene audio commentary by Pasquale Iannone
- Extract form the stormy 1973 Cannes press conference
Subversive Italian satirist Marco Ferreri directed and co-wrote (with Rafael Azcona) this grotesquely amusing French black comedy about four men who grow sick of life, and so meet at a remote villa with the goal of literally eating themselves to death. The quartet comes from various walks of life -- a pilot (Marcello Mastroianni), a chef (Ugo Tognazzi), a television host (Michel Piccoli), and a judge (Philippe Noiret) -- but all are successful men with excessive appetites for life's pleasures (food is used as mere metaphor here, as graphic as that metaphor becomes). ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Michel Piccoli - Michel
- Marcello Mastroianni - Marcello
- Ugo Tognazzi - Ugo
- Philippe Noiret - Philippe
- Andréa Ferréol - Andrea