- SKU: 13706028
- Release Date: 03/30/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Photo gallery
- Excerpts of original German reviews
- Douglas Sirk filmography
- Booklet essay by film scholar Jan-Christopher Horak
The German La Habanera is set in "contemporary" Spain-and never mind that there's no evidence of the then-raging Spanish Civil War. Zarah Leander plays Astree Sternhjelm, a Swedish lass who falls in love with all things Spanish while on vacation in Puerto Rico. She ends up the mistress of charming but caddish aristocrat Don Pedro (Ferdinand Marion), who discards her when she gives birth to his child. Tragedy is averted when Astree finds true and lasting love in the arms of Swedish doctor Sven Nagel (Karl Martell). La Habanera director Dietflif Sierck later enjoyed a long and fruitful Hollywood career as Douglas Sirk. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Zarah Leander - Astree Sternhjelm
- Julia Serda - Ana Sternhjelm
- Ferdinand Marian - Don Pedro de Avila
- Edwin Jurgensen - Shumann
- Karl Martell - Dr. Sven Nagel