- SKU: 6038343
- Release Date: 11/18/2003
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- New digital transfer, with restored image and sound
- Video introduction by Martin Scorsese
- Audio commentary by Peter Bondanella, author of Italian Cinema: From Neorealism to the Present and The Cinema of Federico Fellini
- Federico Fellini's Autobiography, a documentary made for Italian television by Paquito del Bosco
- Optional English-dubbed soundtrack featuring the voices of Anthony Quinn and Richard Basehart
- New essay by film scholar Peter Matthews
- Theatrical trailer for the English version
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition
Acclaimed Italian filmmaker Federico Fellini drew on his own circus background for the 1954 classic La Strada. Set in a seedy travelling carnival, this symbolism-laden drama revolves around brutish strongman Zampano (Anthony Quinn), his simple and servile girlfriend Gelsomina (Giulietta Masina, Fellini's wife), and clown/aerialist Matto (Richard Basehart). Appalled at Zampano's insensitive treatment of Gelsomina, the gentle-natured Matto invites her to run off with him; but Gelsomina, like a faithful pet, refuses to leave the strong man's side. Eventually Zampano's volcanic temper erupts once too often, leading to tragic consequences. Written by Fellini and Tullio Pinelli and scored by Nino Rota, La Strada was the winner of the first official Academy Award for Best Foreign-Language Film, awarded in 1956. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Giulietta Masina - Gelsomina
- Anthony Quinn - Zampano
- Richard Basehart - Matto "The Fool"
- Marcella Rovena
- Livia Venturini - The Sister
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.