- SKU: 14326776
- Release Date: 05/31/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Though cheaply produced in the time-honored tradition of PRC Productions, The Lady from Chungking was nothing if not timely. Anna May Wong heads the cast as Kwan Mei, the aristocratic leader of a band of Chinese partisans. Operating secretly, Kwan Mei's compatriots wage vicious guerilla warfare against the occupying Japanese troops. The oddly chosen supporting cast includes Harold Huber as a Japanese general and Mae Clarke as White Russian patriot; the nominal leading men, are pair of downed Flying Tigers pilots, are played by general-purpose actors Ric Vallin and Paul Bryar. The second of Anna May Wong's films for PRC, The Lady from Chungking was a distinct step down from the first, Bombs over Burma, which benefited from the directorial knowhow of Joseph H. Lewis. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Harold Huber - Gen. Kaimura
- Mae Clarke - Lavara
- Rick Vallin - Rodney Carr
- Paul Bryar - Pat O'Rourke
- Ted Hecht - Lt. Shimoto