Lady Godiva of Coventry [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 25650297
- Release Date: 08/05/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
To say that Lady Godiva is historically inaccurate is a moot point, since most historians agree that the whole Lady Godiva story never happened. At any rate, Maureen O'Hara stars in the title role, as the rebellious Saxon wife of a Norman nobleman. To show her fidelity to her people, and to protest Norman taxation, Lady Godiva rides naked through the streets of Coventry. All the elements of the original middle-ages legend are in attendance, including the blinding of "Peeping Tom" (about the only effective moment in the whole film). Whatever audience titillation there might have been in the dreary climactic ride was dissipated by tons of studio publicity which insisted that Maureen O'Hara wasn't really naked under her long red tresses. Lady Godiva is interesting only for its supporting cast, including such veterans as Victor McLaglen and a few newcomers like Clint Eastwood. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Maureen O'Hara - Lady Godiva
- George Nader - Lord Leofric
- Victor McLaglen - Grimald
- Rex Reason - Harold
- Torin Thatcher - Lord Godwin