- SKU: 4998005
- Release Date: 05/03/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Heavily trimmed prior to release, this entry in the Charles Starrett "Durango Kid" Western series for Columbia includes leading man Starrett dressed up as John Wayne's stunt double Yakima Canutt in order to match an entire sequence of stock footage lifted from the classic Stagecoach (1939). Starrett plays his usual double-role as Steve (surname Holden this time around) and the Durango Kid, working desperately to prove that gun-runner Cronin (Robert J. Wilke) killed Chief Eagle (Chief Shooting Star) in order to exploit an Indian war. To flush out Cronin and his cronies, Steve gets help from shoe repairman Smiley Burnette and the fort commandant's young son (Tommy Ivo). Yodeling specialist Elton Britt performs his own "Chime Bells" and William Shakespeare Hays' "Mollie Darlin" while Smiley Burnette takes care of Who Don't?" and "The Happy Cobbler), both self-composed. ~ Hans J. Wollstein, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Charles Starrett - Steve Holden/Durango Kid
- Smiley Burnette - Smiley Burnette
- Fred Sears - Colonel Ronald Dennison
- Tommy Ivo - Denny Dennison
- Bob Wilke - Cronin