- SKU: 6761131
- Release Date: 08/31/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New uncut, uncensored anamorphic (1.78:1) widescreen transfer, supervised and approved by director Richard Blackburn
- RSDL dual-layered edition
- Bonus trailers
- Liner notes
- Audio commentary from director Richard Blackburn, actress Lesley Gilb and producer Robert Fern
- Still gallery including rare on-set continuity photos
- DVD-ROM content: original shooting script
Lila Lee (B-movie starlet Cheryl Smith, later also known as Rainbeaux Smith) is the teenage daughter of a vicious gangster, Alvin Lee (William Whitton). Her backwoods life is disrupted when her father murders her mother. Reverend Mueller (played by writer-director Richard Blackburn) looks after the girl, whom he defends to his congregation as "the most innocent creature on God's earth." But soon after the murder, Lila gets a letter from a mysterious woman named Lemora (Lesley Gilb). The letter instructs Lila to quietly leave town and come to a remote community, Asteroth, where her ailing father is waiting for her, so she can forgive him for his sins. Lila follows the instructions, sneaking off during the night, but leaves a goodbye note for the reverend. Lila eventually finds her way to a rickety old bus driven by a wild-eyed madman (Hy Pyke, who would go on to play Taffey Lewis in Blade Runner). He takes her to the swamps outside Asteroth, where the bus is attacked by snarling, humanoid creatures. Lila manages to escape, and finds herself in the home of Lemora and her acolytes. Naïve Lila doesn't realize that Lemora is a vampire who appears to have a sexual interest in the teen, at one point bathing Lila and praising her "exciting figure." Eventually, Lila catches on, and as she fights to escape, the reverend rushes to rescue her. Lila's reunion with her father is worse than disappointing, as he's turned into a bloodthirsty fiend, like those that attacked the bus. Since its unsuccessful initial release, Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural has become a minor cult item, bolstered by tales of disappearing prints and a ban by the Catholic Church. ~ Josh Ralske, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Hy Pyke
- Maxine Ballantyne - Old Lady
- Steve Johnson - Ticket Man
- Parker West - Young Man
- William Whitton - Alvin